NEWSLETTER PRIVACY STATEMENT
Energy Communities Tipperary Cooperative offer an email newsletter to those people who consent to receiving it. The following is our Privacy Statement in regards to how we process your personal data for this newsletter.
Who we are:
Energy Communities Tipperary Cooperative
2nd Floor, Friars Court, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary
Where do we process personal data:
Energy Communities Tipperary Cooperative stores and processes personal data in Ireland.
Purpose of the processing:
Energy Communities Tipperary Cooperative process personal data for the purpose of sending you a newsletter by email. In order to do this we process your email address only.
The legal basis for this processing is Consent, which you may withdraw at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in any of the newsletters you may receive. This will instantly remove you from our mailing list.
You may also send an email to email@example.com to have your details removed, but please note this email address is only monitored Monday-Friday, 09:00-17:00, excluding bank holidays, so there may be a slight delay in carrying out your request.
Recipient(s) of the personal data:
There are no recipients of your personal data.
Details of transfers to third country/countries:
We are presently carrying out due diligence of mass emailing providers to ensure that their processing will be GDPR compliant. We will update this section when we have entered into a contractual arrangement with the selected company.
Data Retention period:
When we receive your consent for this newsletter, we will maintain that for up to 2 years. This is an ECTC internal policy.
We set this because, occasionally, a customer has had some work carried out on their home one year and then a new measure or grant may become available in a subsequent year so we would like to make them aware of this. They may also like to hear about developments in their community which ECTC has been able to facilitate.
Towards the end of the 2 year period, we will offer the subscriber an option to sign-up again for a further 2 year period, but if they do not provide consent, they will be removed from the mailing list.
You have the following rights in respect to the personal data that Energy Communities Tipperary Cooperative hold on you. Please contact us at the address above in order to exercise any of these rights:
- The right to be informed
You have the right to receive “fair processing information”.
- The right of access
You have the right to obtain:
- Confirmation of your personal data being processed
- Access to a copy of your personal data
- And any other supplementary information
- The right to rectification
You have the right to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to erasure (includes withdrawal of consent)
You have the right to have your personal data erased, in the following circumstances:
- You withdraw consent.
- The personal data has to be deleted to comply with a legal obligation.
- The personal data was unlawfully processed.
- Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected.
- Where you object to the processing and there is no superseding legitimate requirement to continue the processing.
- The personal data is processed in relation to the offer of “information society services” to a child.
- The right to restrict processing
You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress processing of personal data
- The right to data portability
You have the right to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services.
- The right to object
You have the right to object to:
- Processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling).
- Direct marketing (including profiling).
- Processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
You the right not to be subject to a decision when:
- It is based on automated processing.
- It produces a legal effect or a similarly significant effect on the data subject.
The right to complain:
If you feel that Energy Communities Tipperary Cooperative has not fulfilled its obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018, then you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission (DPC).
The DPC offers guidance on how to make a complaint here:
Automated decision making, including profiling:
Energy Communities Tipperary Cooperative do not use any automated decision making or profiling.
Updates or Questions
This Privacy Statement is reviewed annually to determine if it needs to be updated. If any update occurs, this will be communicated:
- On our website’s front page
Please direct any questions you may have directly to our Data Protection Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can view our full website Privacy Statement here.