Energy Saving Champions Officer
Energy Communities Tipperary Cooperative (ECTC) invites applications from suitable candidates for a flexible part time role as an Energy Saving Champions officer.
Energy Communities Tipperary Cooperative CLG (ECTC) is a not-for-profit company, whose vision is to mobilise communities in Tipperary and surrounding areas, to create local employment and community benefit through reducing their carbon footprint and generating community-owned energy.
ECTC’s directors are drawn from a network of voluntary community groups including 15 participating communities. Since 2014, members of the group have overseen a number of successful projects under SEAI’s Better Energy Communities Scheme, Sustainable Energy Communities Scheme and Deep Retrofit Scheme. ECTC won the SEAI Best Community at the 2017 SEAI Energy Awards. More details on ECTC can be found on our website www.EnergyCommunitiesTipp.ie.
Energy Saving Champions Project
ECTC has been awarded grant funding under the Community Climate Action Programme (CCAP) by the Department of the Environment, Climate and Communications.
The funding has been provided:
- To fund the development of an ‘Energy Saving Champions’ project which will encourage greater energy savings and energy efficiency among families, households and communities.
- Local volunteer facilitators will be trained to provide guidance to people on how best to reduce their domestic energy consumption and measures they can take to improve their energy efficiency.
- A competitive element will be built into the programme so that families, households, and communities can compete against each other.
JOB DESCRIPTION The Candidate will work to achieve the following goals on behalf of ECTC:
Build local interest in the project.
- Assist the ECTC team in recruiting local volunteer facilitators ie. a community based Energy Saving Champion to participate in the Energy Saving Champion (ESC) scheme.
- Assist the ECTC team and local champions in recruiting households and families to participate in the Energy Saving Champion scheme.
- Assist local champions with organising local events to give visibility to the Energy Saving Champion (ESC) scheme, information evening, promotions etc.
- Attend specific training on implementing the programme.
- Assist with marketing and advertising campaigns including promotional presentations.
- Discuss and help households to complete home energy usage surveys.
- Maintain the Energy Saving Champions database, with due regard to GDPR requirements.
- Promote energy saving, home retrofitting and use of renewable energy under ECTC and the Energy Saving Champion scheme.
- Work with ECTC’s team to grow knowledge of best practices for retrofitting and activate local groups base for potential retrofit customers throughout the community.
- Provide regular written updates to the Local ESC subcommittee and Project coordinator on project progress. These should be supplied in person or online at the regular meetings. Other interim reports may be requested from time-to-time.
- Ensuring effective communications, with a high quality of marketing materials, in keeping with the ECTC ethos and branding, and mindful of the local marketing knowledge and needs of local member Communities.
- To adhere to the ECTC conflict of interest policy, and keep the board informed of other commitments or engagements that might entail the same.
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Experience in dealing with local communities and rural voluntary groups.
- Experience in organising and facilitating workshops, events and meetings.
- An understanding and appreciation of the Energy Transition and issues of Energy Democracy.
- Highly motivated and a self-starter.
- Ability to travel with own car and a full clean driver’s license.
- Proficient in computer operations/software management skills.
- Knowledge of marketing/promotion experience on social media platforms.
HOW TO APPLY
Application to be submitted as follows:
- CV of Applicant including details of relevant qualifications, skills, experience, and two referees.
- One page cover and motivation letter.
- Applications to be sent by email with subject marked “ECTC Energy Saving Champions” to firstname.lastname@example.org, by Friday 27th January 2023 .
- Short-listing will apply. Candidates must be available for an interview the following week, in person.
- The salary of this position is circa €24,000 for this 14 month period.
- This is a part time contract until 31st March 2024, Flexible 24 hours per week. Place of Work: Work from home