A Grant from SEAI through the Communities scheme has been awarded to Energy Communities Tipperary Co-operative to retrofit homes within Tipperary for 2020/21. Homeowners need to demonstrate the amount of kWh/yr (energy) savings after their upgrade works have been carried out.
For 2021 ECTC will now be your One Stop Shop for Retrofits that includes Technical Surveys, Contractors Quotations, Project management, Quality Assurance and partnership with local financial institutions offering Green Loans.
Grant measures that obtain an 80% Grant include:
- Attic Insulation, Cavity Wall Insulation, External Wall Insulation
- Heating Controls upgrade
- Stove (no back boiler)
- Heat pump (Air to Water)
Under this scheme grant aid for Communities upgrades are available for houses that were built pre-2006, for Heat pumps only the house can be pre – 2011.
All invoices and receipts from the Contractor will be dealt with by the Energy Team and will be the basis of the drawing down of the Grant money from SEAI.
A technical assessment will need to be carried out on your home,each homeowner will be obliged to pay €575 towards the cost of this assessment.This document will detail the works that will need to be carried out on your home in order to achieve the required BER rating of B2.
Fuel Allowance Qualification
To qualify for the higher-level Grant, you must be in receipt of one of the following
- Fuel Allowance as part of the National Fuel Scheme
- Job Seekers Allowance for over six months (with Children under the age of 7)
- Family Income Supplement (FIS)
- One Parent Family Payment
- Domiciliary Care Allowance.
- Carers Allowance: A Carers Allowance Conformation Form must be completed and stamped by DEASP officer.
All works must be completed by October 2021.
To Register your interest in this scheme click here